Friday, August 5, 2016

No Peeking!

Happy Friday bloggers!  I know I'm happy it's Friday, as I have off work, although that will only be for another week yet.  Week after next, I will be returning to work at the job I was laid off from in May.  I will be a temporary employee again, BUT I will be getting paid more per hour than I am now, AND it's day shift.  That's most important to me and my family, that we have what I like to call, a "normal" life.  Working a full-time, second shift job is NOT for me!
 
Returning to our regularly scheduled programming now, how about a Christmas card?
 
 
I was in the mood to use a sketch again, so I decided to participate in 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown's, Pick a Previous sketch challenge.  I didn't have to go back very far to find one...I used their most recent,  #52, from July:
 
 
Of course, the first thing I thought of when seeing the triangular element was "tree."  BUT, I have a few colored Bugaboo images sitting on my desk, and this one (Christmas Mouse Present) fit perfectly.  :)
 
Challenges:
 
12 Months of Christmas Link Up #20:  ATG or optional Christmas Confectionery theme
CHNC #292:  ATG Christmas
Simon Says Monday:  Celebrate!
Hiding in my Craft Room #261:  Christmas in July theme
Broken Fairy #7:  ATG with a twist, Embossing (heat or dry) White sentiment is heat embossed
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to have a look today...May God bless you! 
 
~Marie~

ETA:  This card was chosen for an Honorable Mention at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown!  WOOHOO!  Thanks!  :)
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch . Lovely Christmas card .Thanks for sharing with us here at Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion Challenges.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome make. ❤️. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely card with us at Broken Fairy Designs. Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super Christmas card Marie, a great take on the sketch.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thia is a brillant card, great take on the sketch and how adorable is that mouse.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's and taking part in our Challenge. Hope to see you again.
    Jean DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and great take on the sketch as well.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, this card is a wonderful design. I too am getting started on my Christmas crafting. It's never too early, right? :) Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!
    Blessings,
    Misty D
    WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card and a very cute mouse! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, love the image you used. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR - Corrie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliantt card love it thanks for playing along with us at http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/
    Jacki ♥
    (Digi Choosday DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card. I love all the images. And hooray for being able to go back to work -- I'm sure that's a huge relief!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments challenge.
    Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, Marie. You are so creative and such a fun crafter. I love to visit your blog and see your creativity. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents with us. I hope you enjoy playing along, and that you will join us again real soon.
    God bless your week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! Hugs, Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - love your design.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...